Friday, September 19, 2008

Our ship came in!

Well, we thought we'd get our shipment from Abu Dhabi via truck...but apparently they put it on a slow boat to China! It got here, one month late, so we cannot recommend Abu Dhabi Shipping Agency (ADSA) as they had two opportunities this summer & blew them both.

But as you can see we got all 30 boxes and Marc & Alican (8 year old neighbor from upstairs) oversaw the delivery (and opened a few to see what exciting things they'd find), now the apartment is full of cardboard & for the next few days (weeks?) you'll see us wondering around looking for things we didn't know we had!

It is nice to have our things around us. I made a quilt I call My Mother's Garden, and that will look so nice on our kitchen wall! Those items make it feel like home...a real delight because my afternoon consisted of getting on the wrong dolmuş (bus), but the driver let me off about 10' later, then getting lost in a neighborhood I'd been in before, looking for a bookstore I'd been to before (had to call to be rescued). Then not knowing how to say "stop" to get the bus to stop near home. I stood up & said "Stop!" and the kind man next to me translated it... Whew! So, yes, it's a lot of "stuff" but it makes this apartment home sweet home--perhaps one of the reasons Marc & I like to be home so much--no matter where we are!

No comments: