Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Book recommendation

I just started The Yogurt Man Cometh by Kevin Revolinski. Definitely recommended. Although it's quite funny, it's also a detailed and entertaining glimpse into the life of a teacher in Ankara. I've just read the 2nd chapter which details the bureaucracy involved in fulfilling the Department of Education's requirements for classroom teachers--a daily chore replete with lesson plans and signatures. You might enjoy it, too, if you wish to gain some insight into what Marc is going through!

2 comments:

Mary B. said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Karen; it looks terrific. I'll track it down somehow. After the Pym recommendation, I'd trust you for anything (bookwise). ;)

shenanigans said...

You should read "In Turkey I Am Beautiful". It's anew book about Turkey by an Australian writer. As an English expat in Istanbul I thought it hit some nails pretty well on the head and it's completely hilarious. I don't know where you'd get it because it's not released here yet but here's the website:
www.inturkeyiambeautiful.com